My guest this week is American menswear designer, Joseph Abboud.
Joseph and I discuss his early life growing up in Boston, his 30+ year career in fashion, and how he went from working at a retail store to becoming one of the brands that defines American fashion.
Joseph's Recommended Reading List
1. A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway. “Hemingway’s classic memoirs remind me of when I studied in abroad in Paris as a young man.”
2. Annie Leibovitz: Portraits "Obviously, one of the best photographers of all time, her collection of iconic portraits captures a symbolic beauty unrivaled by most."
3. Shogun: A Novel of Japan by James Clavell. "A revealing look into the history of feudal Japan there is a never a lull in this rich and captivating novel."
4. The Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King. "Most people of course associate Stephen King with his famed horror novels, but this early novel displays his wide breadth of literary genius."
5. Night Film by Marisha Pessl. "Currently reading this modern film, noir influenced thriller. Perfect for fall evenings to come."
This episode is sponsored by Away Travel -- Save $20 off your purchase with promo code BLAMO